Monday, September 10, 2007

Babies at Risk-Toxic Chemical

There seems to be a problem with our cooking utensils. A few of years ago we heard rumblings about non-stick cookware (frying pays etc.) giving us cancer. Last year I ventured to buy new cookware. After going to a reputable store and asking about the chemicals in the non-stick pans I was told by an indignant sales person that all their cookware was of the best quality and that I would have no problems.
Well, here again reading in the Sun Herald 9th September "Babies at risk from Non-stick chemical" by Daniel Dasey.
The ANTI-TOXIC chemical campaigners are on the war path with good reason. They are calling for non-stick frying pans to be taken off the market because a study has found that a chemical used in their manufacture is harmful to humans.
'US researchers analysed blood in the umbilical cords of newborn babies and found those with increased levels of the chemical were likely to be smaller with reduced head sizes.'
'Dr Mariann Lloyd-Smith, of the National Toxic Networks Australia, said the study was the latest showing a link between ill-health and the chemical perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA), used in non-stick frying pans and barbecues.' Just as well I stuck with the stainless steel variety of pans.

The future is still unsure for non-stick frying pans however we can be sure that the future of Glyconutrients and Mannatech Inc. will continue with cutting-edge scientists providing information on nutritional saccharides- glyconutrients- that form the scientific underpinnings for Mannatech's U.S. products. Early research on glyconutrients (the necessary sugars) suggests that by adding glyconutrients to the human diet there is an increase in production in one's bone marrow stem cell production.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Smartphone, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://smartphone-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.